The Fallow Mire is a rainy bog located in the southern part of Ferelden.
South of the Hinterlands, the land is wet and miserable, subject to seemingly endless storms. Some time before 9:41 Dragon, the village suffered from some kind of plague that either killed or drove everyone away. The remaining villagers have tried to carve out a meager existence in the Fallow Mire, but their lives were under constant threat by a tidal wave of undead rising from the murky waters flooding much of the region.
At some point an apostate, Widris, found her way into the Mire, having fled from a Circle. She began studying the local flora in hopes of finding a way to create a potion that would help her breach the Fade and beyond. She created beacons throughout the bog and hid secret messages in veilfire runes on them.
- Note: The eight regions below make up the Regions in the Mire collection. Discovering all of them grants 200 Influence.
- Avvar Leader's Base Camp
- Fisher's End
- Granite Point
- Hargrave Keep
- Hidden Apostate's Camp
- The Misty Grove
- Old Thoroughfare
- The Weeping Spires
- Fisher's End Camp
- Old Thoroughfare Camp
- Avvar bowman
- Avvar defender
- Avvar warrior
- Corpse archer
- Lesser terror
- Rage demon
Herbs EditBlood Lotus
Tier 1 Common Herb
Tier 1 Common Herb
Tier 1 Rare Herb
Metal EditBlue Vitriol
Dragon Piss - Head west from the fourth beacon. Take the path that branches to the north west that leads to two houses. In the second house up the hill.
Garbolg's Backcountry Reserve - In a house north-west of Fisher's End Camp
Freed Are Slaves - 1/12 pieces:
Skyhold customizations Edit
Notable items Edit
- Supply Cache – Atop the battlements of Hargrave Keep at the southern end of the mire, above the front gate.
Coats weapons with deadly poison. Each hit does damage over time to the target.
– Reward for Beneath the Mire.
Loot EditGift of the Mountain-Father
Korth the Mountain-Father brought his people to the mountains at the dawn of time, carving out caves for shelter and bringing them game to survive on. He told them, "Remain in the mountains. They will grant you all you need." Accordingly, Avvar who leave the Frostbacks carry a blade made from ore mined there.
Requires: Level 7
Damage: 126-133 AoE
+5% Sunder on Hit
+5% extra damage for each enemy within 8 meters – From the Hand of Korth during Lost Souls. Cleansing Rune Schematic
Inflicts bonus damage against red templars and darkspawn on each weapon strike
– In a chest inside a shack on a small peninsula, south of the third beacon. Amulet of Power
This amulet grants an ability point to whoever equips it. After it's used, the amulet shatters.
Gain an ability point when equipped
Single Use (Cassandra only) – In a chest inside a shack, west of the fourth beacon, where the Dragon Piss is also found.
Codex entries Edit
Codex entry: Apostate Widris's Journal
Codex entry: The Avvars
Codex entry: Before Andrastianism: Forgotten Faiths
Codex entry: Caspar the Magnificent
Codex entry: The Daughters of Song
Codex entry: The Empty Ones
Codex entry: The Fallow Mire
Codex entry: Gardner Diary
Codex entry: The Lady of the Skies
Codex entry: The Lost City of Barindur
Codex entry: Notes on the Stars
Codex entry: Rivain
Codex entry: Shred of Blue
Codex entry: Waterlogged Diary
- The Fallow Mire is the only area where a scout-related War Table operation is available to all advisors.
- Despite the name, Hargrave Keep is not a keep that can be taken in order to fulfill war table or Forward Scouts prerequisites.
- The summon undead effect from going into the water only holds for the controlled character. Other characters that wander into the water from milling about do not generate the effect.
- Mounts are disabled in the entire region.