The Fallow Mire is rainy uncharted marsh located in the southern most part of Ferelden.
The bog here stretches on forever when traveling on the roads, especially at night when the mists become heavy and thick. There's enough good hunting to make the trip worthwhile; fish, birds, even a few harts. One thing to look out for though... when anything dies in the water— The Mire preserves it.
South of the Hinterlands, the land is wet and miserable, subject to seemingly endless storms. Some time before 9:41 Dragon, the village suffered from a terrible plague; killing most whilst driving others away. The remaining villagers tried to carve out a meager existence, but to no avail, as their lives were under constant threat from a tidal wave of undead that rose from the nearby murky waters which had flooded most of the region.
The Fallow Mire is a sprawling stretch of isolated marshland in southwestern Ferelden. The muggy, treacherous bog was once home to a small fishing community called Fisher's End, which was wiped out by a plague that swept through a few years ago.—Excerpt from the quest journal
At some point Widris, an apostate, found her way into The Mire after having fled from a Circle. She began studying the local flora in hopes of finding a way to create a potion that would help her breach the Fade and beyond. She created beacons throughout the bog and hid secret messages in veilfire runes across them.The Avvars have captured a group of Inquisition soldiers and are holding them captive in the Mire's Keep in hopes of aggressive negotiations with the Inquisitor. The Inquisitor can gain access to The Mire by completing the Rescue Soldiers Missing in Ferelden war table scouting operation in Haven or Skyhold.
- Avvar Leader's Base Camp
- Fisher's End
- Granite Point
- Hargrave Keep
- Hidden Apostate's Camp
- The Misty Grove
- Old Thoroughfare
- The Weeping Spires
Inquisition camps Edit
- Fisher's End Camp
- Old Thoroughfare Camp
War table operations Edit
- Avvar bowman
- Avvar defender
- Avvar warrior
- Bear (at Granite Point)
- Lesser terror
- Rage demon
Dragon Piss - Head west from the fourth beacon; take the path that branches to the northwest that leads towards two houses. Search inside the second house just up the hill.
Garbolg's Backcountry Reserve - Search the house northwest of Fisher's End Camp.
Freed Are Slaves 1/12 pieces:
- see judgment of Chief Movran the Under; related quest: Lost Souls
Shred of Blue - Found within the locked room atop the battlements in Hargrave Keep; see side quest Lost Souls.
Herbs EditBlood Lotus
Tier 1 Common Herb
Tier 1 Common Herb
Tier 1 Rare Herb
Leather EditBear Hide
Metal EditBlue Vitriol
Notable items Edit
- Grey Warden Tome - Found within the locked room atop the battlements in Hargrave Keep; see side quest Lost Souls.
- Grey Warden Banner - Found in a corner near some crates in the far right arcade of the Avvar Leader's Base Camp, opposite the door holding Inquisition hostages.
- Amulet of Power
This amulet grants an ability point to whoever equips it. After it's used, the amulet shatters.
Gain an ability point when equipped
Single Use (Cassandra only) - Found in a chest inside the shack, west of the fourth beacon, where the Dragon Piss bottle is located.
- Cleansing Rune Schematic
Inflicts bonus damage against red templars and darkspawn on each weapon strike.
- Found in a chest inside a shack on a small peninsula, south of the third beacon.
- Gift of the Mountain-Father
Korth the Mountain-Father brought his people to the mountains at the dawn of time, carving out caves for shelter and bringing them game to survive on. He told them, "Remain in the mountains. They will grant you all you need." Accordingly, Avvar who leave the Frostbacks carry a blade made from ore mined there.
Requires: Level 7
Damage: 126-133 AoE
+5% Sunder on Hit
+5% extra damage for each enemy within 8 meters - Looted from the Hand of Korth; see side quest Lost Souls.
- Superb Belt of Healing
+20% Heal Bonus - Looted from a chest within the locked room atop the battlements in Hargrave Keep; see side quest Lost Souls.
- Tears of the Dead Recipe
Coats weapons with deadly poison. Each hit does damage over time to the target.
- Rewarded up completion of the side quest Beneath the Mire.
- Supply Cache - Found atop the battlements of Hargrave Keep, directly above the front gate.
Codex entries Edit
Codex entry: Apostate Widris's Journal
Codex entry: The Avvars
Codex entry: Before Andrastianism: Forgotten Faiths
Codex entry: Caspar the Magnificent
Codex entry: The Daughters of Song
Codex entry: The Empty Ones
Codex entry: The Fallow Mire
Codex entry: Gardner Diary
Codex entry: Hargrave Keep
Codex entry: The Lady of the Skies
Codex entry: The Lost City of Barindur
Codex entry: Notes on the Stars
Codex entry: Rivain
Codex entry: Shred of Blue
Codex entry: Waterlogged Diary
- The Fallow Mire is the only area where a scout-related War Table operation is available to all advisors.
- Despite the name, Hargrave Keep is not a keep that can be taken in order to fulfill war table or Forward Scouts prerequisites.
- The summon undead effect from going into the water only holds for the controlled character; other characters that wander into the water from milling about do not generate the effect.
- Mounts are disabled in the entire region.
- Acquiring the Grey Warden Tome will unlock the Patron of the Arts song Shred of Blue.