The East Brecilian Forest is another section of the Brecilian Forest. The ruins of an ancient Tevinter city can be seen in this area.
Involved InNature of the Beast Lost to the Curse Thy Brother's Killer The Mage's Treasure Wynne's Regret
- A "Magical Barrier" is present along the southwest path to the ruins. You will need to obtain the assistance of either the Grand Oak or the Mad Hermit to pass. See Nature of the Beast for details.
- A "Landmark Tent" at the hermit's camp can be used to activate Mabari Dominance.
- "Ancient Tombstones" - used for quest The Mage's Treasure
- The Mad Hermit
- The hermit will remain non-violent so long as things go the way he wants them to. He will attack The Warden however when annoyed and he is capable of some magic, being a renegade Blood Mage. He will summon some Rage Demons to help him. Note: If you search the tree stump to recover the acorn before speaking with him and ignore him telling you it's his house, he will attack you without any further conversation.
- Maleficar: They will be in the large barren area where you found one of the tombstones after you have accepted the Mage Liaison's quest Thy Brother's Killer. After a short conversation a fight ensues.
- Werewolves - (Beast, Normal and Elite)
- Rabid Werewolves - (Beast, Normal)
- Swiftrunner - (Beast, Elite)
- Black Bears - (Animal, Normal)
- Great Bear - (Animal, Elite)
- Wild Sylvan - (Demon, Normal or Elite)
- Ogres - (Darkspawn, Elite)
- Maleficar (Humans, Lieutenant and Critter and Normal) x4 - during quest Thy Brother's Killer
Note: The bandits only appear if you killed the Mad Hermit and return later.
- Revenant (Undead, Boss)
- Fanged Skeleton (Undead, Normal)
- Devouring Skeleton (Undead, Normal)
- Devouring Skeleton (Undead, Elite)
- Skeleton Archer (Undead, Normal)
Note: The darkspawn only appear if you killed the Revenant from the southern gravestone and return.
- Charred Corpse (Generic, Normal)
- Chest (Elven, Normal) - locked
- Pile of Bones (Generic, Normal)
- Pile of Bones (Generic, Normal)
- Rubble (Generic, Normal)
- Rubble (Special) - contains Steel Spiked Collar
- Chest (Tevinter, Normal) - locked
- Chest (Elven, Elite) - locked
- Pile of Bones (Generic, Critter) - contains Onyx Demon Statuette
Notable ItemsAncient Elven Helm
Veridium (Tier 4)
Requires: 22 strength
+25% spirit resistance, source: Mad Hermit Aneirin's Token
This teardrop-shaped pendant is a chunk of dried sap on a length of twine. It's warm to the touch, and the same pale gold as the rising moon. While equipped, it augments Wynne's Vessel of the Spirit spell.
+10% electricity resistance
+10% nature resistance
+10% spirit resistance, source: Aneirin (via Wynne's Regret) Codex Entry: Archons of the Imperium, source: Mad Hermit
Deathroot may refer to:
- Deathroot (Origins), an ingredient in Dragon Age: Origins.
- Deathroot (Dragon Age II), a crafting resource in Dragon Age II.
- Deathroot (Inquisition), a crafting material in Dragon Age: Inquisition.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Crafted during the Third Blight, this ring projects an antipodal application of Fade energies that can disrupt or outright destroy.
+10% spirit damage, source: drop Mad Hermit Golden Ring
The curious geometric patterns on this indicate that it was made by the dwarves. The metal is a brilliant golden color, but has an odd greenish shimmer that suggests it is not gold.
+1 constitution, source: steal from Mad Hermit's stump Grand Oak Acorn
This acorn is enormous, as large as a human skull. The sight of it would probably cause a squirrel to die of sheer joy.
, source: Mad Hermit Mythal's Blessing
Whitewood (Tier 4)
Requires: 18 strength
Strength modifier: 1.00
+1% melee critical chance
+10%% to healing effects received, source: Skeleton Scarf
Patterns like sunlight falling through leaves have been woven into this scarf.
, source: Danyla Steel Spiked Collar
Heavy leather with a single row of sharp steel spikes.
+1.5 armor penetration
+6 armor, source: Pile of Bones Onyx Demon Statuette
A small statue of a demon, carved out of onyx.
, source: Pile of Bones