A dragon scale can be found on a High dragon found at the Mountain Top (the Mountain Top is first accessible during the quest for the Urn of Sacred Ashes). Slay the High dragon and you will find a dragon scale on its corpse. Bring the Scale to Wade at the forge in his shop: Wade's Emporium in Denerim Market District.
You must have had Wade make at least one Drakeskin armor (during the Drake Scale Armor quest), otherwise he will refuse to make any armor from the Dragon Scales (he asks you to bring him some Drake Scales first to practice with).
- You will have to choose one of the three types of armor for Wade to make (Dragonskin, Dragonscale or Dragonbone Plate).
- If you gave Wade some gold during Drake Scale Armor (either 10 when he made the first set of armor, or 20 when he made the second set of armor), you will receive a superior version of the armor received in this quest.
- See Exploits (Origins) for information on how to get more than one set of armor.
- Herren only closes his shop after Wade is commissioned for a second Drake Scale Armor. If you don't commission the second drake armor, his shop will remain open even after the dragon scale commission.
- If you do not get the massive Dragon Scale armor before attempting glitch multiple times you will never get it. No matter what option of the three you pick, you will always receive the light armor.