|This page documents Dragon Age Wiki policy, a widely accepted standard that all editors should normally follow.
Changes made to it should reflect consensus.
Dragon Age Wiki editors are generally expected to edit using only one (preferably registered) account. Using a single account maintains editing continuity, improves accountability, and increases community trust, which helps to build long-term stability for the wiki. While there are some valid reasons for maintaining multiple accounts on the project (e.g., bots), the use of multiple accounts to deceive or mislead other editors, disrupt discussions, distort consensus, avoid sanctions, or otherwise violate community standards and policies is called sock puppetry (often abbreviated in discussion as socking) and is not allowed.
Sock puppetry can take on several different forms:
- Creating new accounts to avoid detection
- Using another person's account (piggybacking)
- Logging out to make problematic edits as an IP address
- Reviving old unused accounts (sometimes referred to as sleepers) and presenting them as different users
- Persuading friends or acquaintances to create accounts for the purpose of supporting one side of a dispute (usually called meatpuppetry)
Sock puppetry will generally lead to a indefinite ban for the offender's multiple accounts, with the possibility of their main account temporarily blocked at the discretion of an administrator.