- “Some words remain unuttered. Truths are pushed down, down where they shall never arise again.”
Dirthamen is the elven god of secrets and knowledge.
—From Codex entry: Dirthamen: Keeper of Secrets
The Dalish believe that Dirthamen is the twin brother of Falon'Din. He is the master of the ravens Fear and Deceit, having found them in the Fade and outsmarted them both. Dirthamen gave to elves the gift of knowledge and taught them loyalty and faith in family.
There are several elven legends involving the Keeper of Secrets. In the days before Arlathan, the first varterral was formed from the fallen trees of the forest to guard an ancient city said to be beloved by Dirthamen.
Dirthamen and Falon'Din were "twin souls" with no family connection. Their bond was not romantic, beyond even the strongest friendship. The oldest elven stories never even name them directly, referring to Falon'Din as "Dirthamen’s shadow," and Dirthamen as "Falon'Din's reflection."The sinner who dared to fly in the shape of the divine belonged to Dirthamen.
Symbols and shrines
A Dalish tale says that Dirthamen gave each creature a secret to keep. However, the hares shouted their secret to the treetops, the birds sold theirs for gold and the foxes traded their secret for wings. Only the bears kept Dirthamen's secret, so the bear is considered beloved of Dirthamen.
See alsoCodex entry: Twins in Shadow Dirthamen's Wisdom
This shield's power has kept it whole after a thousand years and might even have saved the entire Temple of Dirthamen from decay. It held special significance to the elven priests, perhaps allowing communion with the God of Secrets himself.
Requires: Level 8
+30% Front Defense
+4% Melee Defense
+5% extra damage for each enemy within 8 meters
- ↑ Codex entry: The Lost Temple of Dirthamen
- ↑ Dragon Age (tabletop RPG), Player's Guide, set 2, p. 23
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 120
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 174
- ↑ Codex entry: Twins in Shadow.
- ↑ Codex entry: Ancient Elven Writing
- ↑ Codex entry: Bear
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Landmarks on the Plains: "The Raven"