Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The quest can be triggered either by attempting to enter Valammar without the Valammar Key or by picking up the key in the Grand Forest Villa during the side quest The Mercenary Fortress. The key can be located from a desk on the second floor balcony overlook just past the Mercenary Leader.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The key will open the door behind the waterfall at Lake Luthias. Go through the door to enter Valammar at which point a Codex entry: Deep Roads will unlock. Head up the stairs and pass over the bridge, killing the Carta members encountered there. At the other end of the bridge, there is another set of steps, and further ahead—avoiding the steps—is a closed door that is used as an exit point for side quest The Vault of Valammar. The door will be locked from the other side at this point. To the left, three ladders lead to some gold and a sack to loot.
Head up the stairs, battling more Carta along the way. Enter the first door to the left. There is a note describing the security which earns 50-150 XP. In the right corner, there is a breakable wall that can be knocked down with a warrior. This leads to a storage room and two containers to loot, one of which contains the Pitch Grenade Recipe.
Exit the room and head towards the two locked doors, both of which lead into the same area. Inside will be a dwarven pot to loot and two notes to read for 50-150 XP each.
Leave the room and continue down the stairs to encounter Carta Bowmen fighting darkspawn. Take out both parties and enter the door to the right of where your party came down the steps. In the room will be three Carta Bowmen, a Carta Assassin, and the Carta Leader. Kill all enemies to complete the quest.
There are three notes in this room as well as Codex entry: Darktown's Deal. Each grants 50-150 XP. At the back of the room is a large dwarven gear. Picking it up activates the side quest the Vault of Valammar.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1,025 XP
- Influence 400
- Power 3
Codex entries[edit | edit source]
Note texts[edit | edit source]
- An Angry Note
- Carta Note on Security
- Defaced Carta Notice
- Orders for Lake Operations
- Personal Note Scrawled in a Ledger
- Report on Activity in the Hinterlands
Notes[edit | edit source]
- For a full list of collections, resources and notable loot available see Valammar's main article.
- If Well, Shit is active and the key to Valammar has not yet been acquired, Bianca will have unlocked Valammar's entrance and will be waiting inside for the Inquisitor. This quest can still be completed in the usual way, but will remain in the quest log until the Valammar Key is acquired. It is possible doing this quest prior to completing the side quest The Mercenary Fortress will break the quest The Mercenary Fortress.