Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- Random loot from sacks.
- Found commonly inside caves throughout the Hinterlands, the Emerald Graves, the Forbidden Oasis, Crestwood and the Western Approach.
- War table operations:
- Available at the Village of Crestwood Merchant for 000000004242
- Available at the Stone Bear Hold Crafting Materials Merchant in the Frostback Basin for 000000004242 (infinite amount).Note: Jaws of Hakkon required.
- Available at the Winter Palace Merchant for 000000004242 (infinite amount).Note: Trespasser required.
Background[edit | edit source]
"Deep mushroom" refers to the entire group of fungi that grows underground in caves and many parts of the dwarven Deep Roads. Collection can be a dangerous task, as the Deep Roads are often infested with darkspawn. Because of this, dwarven merchants often recruit "casteless" hirelings for the job, and pay them a meager percentage of what they earn selling the mushrooms to surfacers. The most common varieties used in the herbalist's trade are the Blightcap, Ghoul's Mushroom, and Brimstone Mushroom, almost all of which tend to carry the darkspawn's corruption. While they cannot transmit the disease, this trait often makes them quite poisonous. Deep mushrooms should only be handled by experienced herbalists and should never be consumed without first being adequately cleaned and prepared. Careless consumption has been known to cause insanity, severe abdominal cramping, and even death.
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Needed for the quest:
- Required to craft:
Codex entries[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Deep mushrooms grow on the carcasses of dead spiders.