- “Ah my little Fenris, predictable as always.”
Danarius is one of the powerful magisters of the Tevinter Imperium, with interests in experimentation with magic and lyrium. He treats his slaves brutally and resents any of his possessions which elude his grasp.
In A Bitter Pill, it is revealed that Hadriana, Danarius's apprentice, has travelled to Kirkwall with a contingent of slavers to try and recapture Fenris. She will be killed at the end of the quest after revealing the identity of Fenris's sister.
At the beginning of Act 3, Aveline will inform Fenris that his sister has been spotted. Fenris will ask Hawke to accompany him to the Hanged Man, where Varania is staying. However, it emerges that Varania is a mage, and being trained as the apprentice of Danarius, whom she has led to her brother. Hawke can either allow Danarius to take Fenris, or aid his/her companion in killing the magister. In the latter option Fenris grabs exhausted Danarius for throat and uses his power to kill him saying "You are no longer my master!".If Hawke allows Fenris to be taken, they will receive a letter from Danarius, which includes payment, an account of Fenris's status, and an offer to tour the Arcane Hall of Minrathous, should Hawke ever find him/herself in the city.
- "Oh, how little you know, my pet."
- (To Hawke) " Do I detect a note of jealousy? It's not surprising. The lad is rather skilled, isn't he?"
- "You weren't always this way, Fenris. Once upon a time you had affection for me. I remember it fondly."
- "Now now, Fenris, don't blame your sister; she did what any good Imperial citizen should."
- (if a mage Hawke turns Fenris over to Danarius) "I knew a mage would be sensible. I will, of course, make it worth your while."