The ruin is said to be the supposed resting place of the mythical Sulevin Blade, a sword from Dalish legend. Its exact location has long since been forgotten but it is said to be located in ruin deep within the Arbor Wilds.
Located on the edge of the Arbor Wilds, nature long ago reclaimed the Cradle of Sulevin. It is said that an ancient tragedy unfolded here—and that a legendary elven sword lies within.—Excerpt from the quest journal
The Sulevin Blade: a sword with purpose. When our people ruled the Dales, the blade's purpose was to defend our borders. When the Chantry marched against us, its purpose was to protect the innocent from those who would oppress us. More than one great hand wielded it in battle. Yet few know its name. Fewer still will speak of it.The Inquisitor can gain access to Cradle of Sulevin by completing the Rumors of the Sulevin Blade war table scouting operation in Skyhold.
The Exalted March stretched on, and the Chantry's forces were nearing victory. A band of elves could not bear the loss. Desperation drove them to take the Sulevin Blade. A wish for vengeance gave the sword a new purpose.
"If the Chantry thinks us monsters," they thought, "then who are we to argue?"
They spilled innocent blood to power their magic. With it, they would defeat their enemies. Only — the ritual failed. The elves stood in the darkness, blood on their fingers, bodies at their feet. Then they heard the sound of footsteps. The elves' wish for vengeance was granted to those they had slaughtered. Spirits reached beyond the Veil and claimed the elves where they stood.
As for the Sulevin Blade, the sword lies broken in the accursed place where the elves attempted their ritual. Perhaps one day it will be reforged and given a new purpose. But at what cost? The location was lost long ago. Those who seek the sword never return. Some say they are claimed by the same spirits who were angered so long ago. As much as we long for our past, there are some memories better left buried.
Freed Are Slaves 1/12 pieces: behind a locked door, in the northwest corner of the mid-level.
Notable items Edit
- Spirit Rune Schematic
Adds spirit damage to each weapon strike.
- Found in the northwest corner, of the mid-level, behind a locked door with the mosaic piece.
- Sulevin Blade
"Sulevin" is elven for "purpose." For the Dalish, that purpose is finding a new homeland. Keepers collect ancient lore and use it to create the weapons for a future war: to conquer a homeland or to defend it.
Requires: Level 20
Damage: 270-282 AoE
+11% Armor Penetration
Chance to cast Pull of the Abyss on a hit fragments; see side quest Ruined Blade.
- Supply Cache - in the starlight chamber
Codex entries Edit
- The Cradle of Sulevin is a popular site to farm tier three schematics.
- The location will remain available on the map even after completing the related quest.
See also Edit
- xboxone In the Starlight chambers north eastern most first floor chamber, you can guide an unselected character to pass through the eastern most wall, and then switching to said character will cause said character to fall underneath the floor.
- Ser Auguste, one of the Freemen leaders in the Graves, was also in search of the Sulevin Blade; see Ser Auguste's Messages (Heathen Etchings).
- In the game files, the Cradle of Sulevin is called Revenent[sic] Church and the_church.