Correspondence Interruptus is a quest from the Favors for Certain Interested Parties board.
Background[edit | edit source]
"R" has a small request. "It's always useful to have a big name in your pocket, and there's nothing better than snagging them with their knickers down. If, in travels wide, someone were to come across notes between illicit lovers, I have certain specialists who can make the most of the texts." As you travel, keep an eye out for 12 of these notes. Bring twelve of them to the well-connected bartender for a reward.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
This list provides the location of the love letters and the first few words of each love letter in Codex entry: Correspondence Interruptus to help narrow down each letter location. The Codex is under the "Notes" section as entry 228, 230 or 243 on the PC (+4TSP, +10WK, +1RtO).
- To Wareth Lowstone,
Orzammar: a locked chest in Carta Hideout.Note: It is in the final room (specifically, the small bottom room) before the tunnel leads to Janar Armorers.
- Dear Ser Jon,
Orzammar Diamond Quarter: a locked chest in the royal palace, across the hall from the phylactery.
- Miss Ambrose,
Brecilian Ruins: behind a secret door to the left, immediately after entering the Ruins Upper Level.Note: If you go down the stairs and down the ramp made from tree roots to that secret door, you have gone too far. Turn around and go back up the stairs and look to your right.Note: On pc, pressing TAB will only highlight the secret door when standing very close to it. Furthermore, you must first approach the secret door before it will highlight with your cursor.
- A delicate matter,
Circle Tower: a locked chest behind the dividing wall of the east guest bedroom in Senior Mage Quarters.
Denerim, Denerim Market District: the chest in the north-western room of Arl of Redcliffe's Estate (servant's quarters).Note: For those confused with the two chests upstairs, it is in the north western section of the map in the room closest to the exit. Lockpick skill is not necessary to open it.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The title of the quest comes from the Latin expression "Coitus Interruptus".
- Otter's Pocket is UK slang for female genitalia.
References[edit | edit source]
- It is interesting to note that while the lady who wrote this letter tells the addressee that their relationship must end ("We must remain chaste"), the first letters of each line form the words "DON(')T STOP".
- See http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=otters%20pocket and http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/01/17/otters-pocket-prank-bbc-breakfast-video_n_1209859.html
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes, even after all twelve letters have been acquired, there will only be ten or eleven in the player's inventory, rendering the quest impossible to complete. The cause of this is unknown. The only solution to this is to enable the Console and manually add the 11th and 12th letters into your inventory. (PC only.)