The City of Amaranthine also attracts many pilgrims from all over Thedas. This city is where Maferath assembled his armies to invade the Tevinter Imperium and where Andraste first revealed the Chant of Light.
The city changed rapidly with the Orlesians came. They built temporary docks to accommodate ships packed with chevaliers, and for a time, Amaranthine was the capital of occupied Ferelden. The bann of Amaranthine became one of the wealthiest nobles in the kingdom, as goods like wool were leeched from the city's swollen ports.
During the liberation, the fleeing Orlesians looted the city but left it otherwise unscarred. She recovered quickly. Ironically, Amaranthine's current prosperity is the legacy of Orlesian occupation. Do not share that opinion with the locals, mind.—From Annals of Northern Ferelden, By Brother Bedine, Chantry scholar
—From Codex entry: The Port City of Amaranthine
- Constable Aidan
- Delilah Howe
- Chanter Jans
- Revered Mother Leanna
- Shady Character
- Suspicious Guard
- Last of the Legion
- The Righteous Path
- Shadows of the Blackmarsh
- Law and Order
- Smuggler's Run
- Ines the Botanist
- A Brewing Conspiracy
- The Assault on Amaranthine
- Keep Out of Reach of Children
- Maferath's Monuments
- The Merchant's Goods
- Ser Alvard's Missing Sword
- Rumblings From Beneath
Chantry of our Lady Redeemer
- A Donation of Injury Kits
- A Donation of Poultices
- Out of Control
- Preying on the Weak
- From the Living Wood
- Till Death Do Us Part
- The Blight Orphans?
- The Scavenger Hunt
- The Sermons of Justinia II
- Moonshine for the Children
- Those Sweet Orphans
- A Present for Melisse
- Making Amends
- - source: found among Homer's Toys under some trees to the left after entering the city.
- - source: a crate in the first building to the right after entering the city.
- - source: found near the Chanter's Board.
- Marketplace handbills - Initiates dialog with Oghren, a possible (+4) approval by being sensitive about the subject and ending with "I have never heard of it causing a rash." It is located by the chantry stairs.
- Statue - Initiates dialog with Nathaniel Howe, a possible (+9) approval by offering to replace the statue and ending with "It's up to you to turn that around.".
- Also a dialog point with Justice; however, the character will not gain approval.
- Pine tree - Initiates dialog with Anders. A female warden choosing 3, 1, 4, 1 will result in (+13). A male warden choosing 3, 1, 4, 1 will result in (+6). It is located near the wagon outside the gates.
- Tree - Initiates dialog with Velanna, choosing 1, 2 (or 3) will result in approval while telling her she would have been a good keeper results in loss of approval. It is located across from the handbills above.
- Crystal - Initiates dialog with Sigrun. It is located at Glassric's Stall.
- Elven couple - Initiates dialog with Velanna, a possible (+2) approval by telling the elves they should have chosen their words better and then "Let's leave before you start something." They are located at the first home on the right (where Till Death Do Us Part leads) upon arriving at the city.
- Codex entry: Pilgrims and Amaranthine
- Codex entry: The Crown and Lion
- Codex entry: The Port City of Amaranthine