Visit Anders at his clinic in Darktown or, if Hawke is in a romance with him and invited him to move in, at Hawke's Estate
Received at the beginning of Act 3.
If Hawke is in a romance with Anders then you can tell him that you have a gift for him; you give him a key to the cellar (that has an exit next to Anders's clinic) so he can escape to Darktown if necessary.
- diplomatic or aggressive: Anders says you’ll understand when it’s him that Meredith is coming for, and that you won’t be able to sit by so righteously.
- humorous: Anders says it makes him believe that you and he can do anything.
Talk to Anders:
- If you didn't give him the key already you have another opportunity to give it to him.
- You can flirt with Anders here.
- Otherwise it doesn't matter what you say to him.
No Romance Edit
If Hawke is not in a romance with Anders then he tells Hawke that Meredith has all but destroyed the mage underground and those left have turned to blood magic as their only option.
As a Rival, choosing the Diplomatic option in the second dialogue prompt ("Maybe it's for the best") results in Anders friendship (+10). Choosing the Aggressive option ("All mages are dangerous") results in Anders rivalry (+10).