What exactly happened in the long-abandoned Chateau d'Onterre is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps exploring its darkest corners will uncover some truth—or treasures.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Obtained by entering Chateau d'Onterre.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Head to the Formal Gardens (the area located in the center of the ground level) and use the search function to find Codex entry: Sketch I of Chateau d'Onterre Interior which identifies the next location you need to find to solve the mystery of Chateau d'Onterre. The location of Sketch I is identified on the Sketch of Chateau Courtyard if you have previously found this.
Undead will start to spawn and will increase in number as you progress the quest. You will also find notes and diary entries that will allow you to piece together the story behind what happened the Chateau.
Return to the Gallery (bottom right of the ground level) and head up the main staircase. Turn around to find the bust statue overlooking the staircase. Interact with the statue to find the next clue, Codex entry: Sketch II of Chateau d'Onterre Interior.
Head west through the Library and north into the Bedchambers hallway then into the second bedchamber on the left. Interact with the painting to retrieve Codex entry: Sketch III of Chateau d'Onterre Interior. Retrace your steps back down the gallery staircase and up the stairs past the Servant's Quarters (top left side of the map).
Through the Antechamber you'll find the upper level of the Ballroom and the next part of the puzzle under the lion's head statue on the other side of the dragon bones. Interacting with it will cause the dragon's tail to straighten and a note will be found on it.
Unlock the balcony on the bottom right side, defeat the undead and access the room behind the locked door to loot some notable items. Interact with the glowing box to gain a permanent increase of +10 to the Cunning attribute of the character interacting with it. An Arcane Horror will spawn in the Formal Gardens below. Defeat the demon to complete the quest.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Completing the quest yields:
- 967 XP
- Influence 200
- Power 2
Looting the Arcane horror yields:
- See Chateau d'Onterre (location) for all items not directly related to the quest..
Codex entries[edit | edit source]
- Codex entry: A Torn Diary
- Codex entry: From the Canticle of Threnodies
- Codex entry: Lord D'Onterre's Journal
- Codex entry: Of Gods and Doubt
- Codex entry: Sketch I of Chateau d'Onterre Interior
- Codex entry: Sketch II of Chateau d'Onterre Interior
- Codex entry: Sketch III of Chateau d'Onterre Interior
- Codex entry: The Girl in Red Crossing
- Codex entry: Superstitions
Note texts[edit | edit source]
- A Cook's Diary
- An Apology (to Colette)
- A Reminder (shakily written)
- Lord d'Onterre's Beast
- Secret Reading (hidden letter)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Patch 1.5 the Arcane horror also dropped an (Cole)
- If Cole is with the Inquisitor when they first enter Chateau d'Onterre, he will say things such as "It knows we are here."