The Castle of Caer Oswin is the seat of Bann Loren, a pious Fereldan noble who is little loved for his fickle allegiance.
In 9:41 Dragon, a cult known as the Order of Fiery Promise overthrows Bann Loren and seizes Caer Oswin as their new headquarters. With the aid of the Lord Seeker, Lucius Corin, the cult lures members of the Seekers of Truth one by one and ambushes them at Caer Oswin so they cannot interfere with the conflict with Corypheus.
- Main article: Quests (Inquisition)
Notable items EditEnhanced Belt of Electric Resistance
+15% Electrical Resistance - Looted from Lord Seeker Lucius.
Requires: Level 9
+30% Front Defense
+5% Ranged Defense
10% chance to grant 2 seconds of Blessed Blades - Looted from a chest in the upper "Living Quarters".
A Qunari weapon carried by Vidathiss, a well-known "re-educator" in the New Exalted Marches, who was said to crush the heads of captured knights—though this claim has never been proven. She died in the Battle of Afsaana in 7:75 Storm, her mace claimed by the Orlesian knight who killed her.
Requires: Level 6
+20 Damage vs. Demons
+7% Armor Penetration
+2 Strength - Looted from Lord Seeker Lucius.
Codex entries Edit
- Inside Caer Oswin castle, just beneath a giant portrait of a Templar, you can see a fully upgraded Fereldan Throne.
- Bann Loren lost his wife and youngest son during the events of the Human Noble Origin in Dragon Age: Origins. They were guests at Castle Cousland on the night that it was attacked by the forces of Arl Rendon Howe.
- Loghain Mac Tir's father's name is Gareth of Oswin. It's possible that's where he came from.
- There is an Easter Egg in the castle. In the room with Daniel in it, there is a krogan head mounted on the wall.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.