- 1 Background
- 2 Involvement
- 3 Characters
- 4 Quests
- 5 Collections
- 6 Resources
- 7 Hostile creatures
- 8 Enemies
- 9 Notable items
- 10 Codex entries
- 11 Notes
- 12 Gallery
- 13 References
King Brandel erected Caer Bronach in 8:26 Blessed, intending the fort as a stopover garrison for Ferelden soldiers fighting Orlesian invaders. When the fort's defeat seemed inevitable, Ser Crestwood opened the gates, holding a flag of truce, and challenged every chevalier in the Imperial army to a duel.
Amused, one Orlesian officer accepted the offer; Ser Crestwood swiftly cut him down. Eight more followed, honor and the watching soldiers forcing them to fight Ser Crestwood one on one. The tenth challenger finally managed a fatal blow, only because Ser Crestwood had slowed due to blood loss from previous injuries. Impressed by Ser Crestwood's tenacity and endurance, the remaining officers left the small village around the fort untouched as the Orlesians made for the capital, sparing hundreds of innocent lives.
The Inquisitor can capture Caer Bronach for the Inquisition during the side quest Capturing Caer Bronach. Capturing the Keep is vital to completing the quest Still Waters, as this is the only way to reach the dam controls which are required to drain the lake.Charter receives orders to acquire Marius and Tessa Forsythia for the Inquisition, the keep is later used as a rendezvous point following their raid on the Hissing Wastes.
War table operations
- Escape Routes for Agents in Crestwood
- Expose the Double Agent
- Rescue the Spy
- Diverting Soldiers in the Frostbacks
- Freed Are Slaves (piece #4) - head through the door just to the right of the requisition table (the room can only be accessed after the keep has been captured).
- - capture Suledin Keep (conditional: awarded after the Inquisitor captures their first keep.
- - capture all three keeps: Caer Bronach, Griffon Wing Keep, and Suledin Keep.
- - looted from Snowball in the cave located underneath Caer Bronach.
- - available for purchase from the Caer Bronach Merchant for 1844 .
- - looted from the destroyed gate remains; see side quest Capturing Caer Bronach.
- - available for purchase from the Caer Bronach Merchant for 472 .
- - looted from the Highwayman Chief; see side quest Capturing Caer Bronach.
- - randomly available at the Caer Bronach Merchant for 8572 .
- Codex entry: A Magister's Needs
- Codex entry: Caer Bronach
- Codex entry: Hard in Hightown: Chapter Three
- Codex entry: Hard in Hightown: Chapter Four
- A supply cache can be found next to the