Dalish would be skeptical of any force as powerful and connected as the Inquisition. It will take considerable effort to earn the favor of Hawen's Clan.
Speak with Master Taniel or Loranil in the Dalish camp. Alternatively, if the Inquisitor has previously spoken with the Dalish hunter as part of A Dalish Perspective, he/she can mention the meeting with the hunter to Keeper Hawen and this will also unlock the quest.
Earn favor by completing the various subquests. The quest completes when 15 favor has been earned.
- meeting the Dalish hunter Olafin as part of A Dalish Perspective and choosing the "I met one of your hunters" conversation option when speaking to Keeper Hawen afterwards. ( Dalish Favor +1, disappears if the camp is visited first)
- completing From the Beyond ( Dalish Favor +3)
- completing A Well-Stocked Camp ( Dalish Favor +1 for every supply drop, five available)
- completing The Golden Halla ( Dalish Favor +3)
- completing Someone to Lose without mentioning "Blood magic" ( Dalish Favor +1 for "Teenagers are stupid" or Dalish Favor +2 for "He was brave")
- completing Something to Prove ( Dalish Favor +3)
- completing A Knight's Tomb in the Emerald Graves and accompanying dungeon exploration. Turn into the Dalish rather than the Chantry to receive Dalish Favor +3.
- opening the Dalish graves in Var Bellanaris ( Dalish Favor -1 prior to completing From the Beyond)
- completing The Spoils of Desecration ( Dalish Favor -1 prior to completing From the Beyond)
- mentioning "Blood magic" to Emalien when turning in Someone to Lose ( Dalish Favor -2)
It is entirely possible to negate the losses completely by looting the tomb and finishing the side quests BEFORE you meet with the Dalish. As your counter is already at zero you cannot lose more than that. It also holds no repercussions from the standpoint that they will not talk to you. The only thing of minor note to point out if doing so is you will get smacked upside the head with a morally ambiguous argument, more so if you are playing as a Dalish elf. So unless you're fairly picky about your playthrough or don't want to have the Dalish talk down to you even if only for a short time this is a viable bypass for the favor loss. You can ALSO simply do the quests AFTER you finish this one as you will have already gained their respect and the favor loss will not matter.
This works across all patches and updates. However the safer route is still just going through the tomb after. However completing tomb is NOT optional if you are looking for mosaic pieces as there is a mosaic piece in the tomb.
Completing the quest yields:
- 512 XP
- 200 Influence
- 2 Power
Recruiting Loranil as an agent yields:
- 100 Influence
- 1 Power