Dalish would be skeptical of any force as powerful and connected as the Inquisition. It will take considerable effort to earn the favor of Hawen's Clan.
Speak with Master Taniel or Loranil in the Dalish camp. Alternatively, if the Inquisitor has previously spoken with the Dalish hunter as part of A Dalish Perspective, he/she can mention the meeting with the hunter to Keeper Hawen and this will also unlock the quest.
Earn favor by completing the various subquests. The quest completes when 15 favor has been earned.
- meeting the Dalish hunter Olafin as part of A Dalish Perspective and choosing the "I met one of your hunters" conversation option when speaking to Keeper Hawen afterwards. ( Dalish Favor +1 for non-elven Inquisitors, disappears if the camp is visited first)
- completing From the Beyond ( Dalish Favor +3)
- completing The Spoils of Desecration by giving Keeper Hawen the key to Unadin Grotto instead of opening the door ( Dalish Favor +1)Note: It cannot be done if the key has already been used to open the Grotto door. Additionally, it completes the quest The Spoils of Desecration and makes Unadin Grotto inaccessible by traditional means. See quest page for ways to bypass this. Unadin Grotto contains one piece of the Invasion mosaic.
- completing A Well-Stocked Camp ( Dalish Favor +1 for the first four supply drops and Dalish Favor +3 for the last, fifth one)
- choosing the special dialogue option ("A golden halla? Halan'ghilan?") as an elven Inquisitor when speaking to Ithiren for the first time ( Dalish Favor +1)
- completing The Golden Halla ( Dalish Favor +3)
- completing Someone to Lose without mentioning "Blood magic" ( Dalish Favor +1 for "Teenagers are stupid" or Dalish Favor +2 for "He was brave")
- completing Something to Prove ( Dalish Favor +3)
- completing A Knight's Tomb in the Emerald Graves and accompanying dungeon exploration. Turn into the Dalish rather than the Chantry to receive Dalish Favor +3)
- opening the Dalish graves in Var Bellanaris ( Dalish Favor -1 prior to completing From the Beyond)Note: This loss can be offset by giving the pieces of the tomb key to Keeper Hawen instead of using it on the Unadin Grotto door. Though this makes that door inaccessible, methods for bypassing it without the key can be found on The Spoils of Desecration quest page.
- completing The Spoils of Desecration by entering Unadin Grotto ( Dalish Favor -1 prior to completing From the Beyond)
- mentioning "Blood magic" to Emalien when turning in Someone to Lose ( Dalish Favor -2)
- It is entirely possible to negate the losses completely by looting the tomb and finishing the side quests before meeting with the Dalish. As the disposition is at zero, it will not go lower. Doing so holds no actual repercussions, i.e. the Dalish will admonish you at first but still talk to you as normal.
- It is also possible to do the parts of the quest that affect the Dalish's disposition negatively after already acquiring Loranil as an agent, with no negative effects.
Completing the quest yields:
- 512 XP
- 200 Influence
- 2 Power
Recruiting Loranil as an agent yields:
- 100 Influence
- 1 Power