The Astrarium is a curious device of ancient Tevinter origin that allows the viewing of constellations in the stars.
- 1 Background
- 2 Involvement
- 3 Acquisition
- 4 Walkthrough
- 5 Astrarium Locations
- 6 Rewards
- 7 Notes
- 8 Codex entries
- 9 See also
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
Regarding your inquiry regarding the so-called "astrariums," it is our considered belief that these are relics from a cult that existed in the pre-Andrastian era of the Tevinter Imperium. Now, what would be considered a cult in a society that worshipped the Old Gods? An order of magisters who believed in the destruction of the Magisterium, the governing body of the Imperium that determines which mages are and are not given the "magister" title. The members of this order wished to return to an earlier period where Dreamers ruled, and evidence indicates they operated throughout Tevinter, though primarily in the frontier areas. There they would lock away their secrets, caches of treasure, and perhaps even secret meeting places (though we have no way of knowing for certain), unlockable only through knowledge of ancient astronomy—a practice that was, we understand, rather out of fashion in the late Tevinter period.
According to our investigations, each of the astrariums could point to the secret cache if one knew the three constellations that mapped to each device present at the site. Connect the dweomers in the correct configuration, and it would be revealed. Many of these relics were sought out by Andrastian cultists in the early Divine Age (the Order of Fiery Promise in particular) and destroyed. Why? Because they believed the astrariums held together the Veil, and that destroying them would destroy the Veil and thus the world. Such is the way of cults of any kind that the true reasons for what they do could never truly be understood by modern minds.
Three distinct Astrariums can be found in multiple discoverable locations. The Astrariums act as "puzzles"; solving all of the puzzles in a single area will unlock a previously hidden or blocked location containing rare loot.
To solve the puzzles, the Inquisitor must draw lines to connect the stars to create an image of a constellation. The key to solving the puzzle correctly is to draw the lines without drawing the same line twice. An image of the completed constellation is provided so the player has a visual representation of what the constellation should look like once solved correctly.
The collection triggers independently upon interacting with an Astrarium in any area visited.
- Astrariums in Crestwood (Crestwood; 3)
- Astrariums on the Coast (Storm Coast; 3)
- Astrariums in the Approach (Western Approach; 3)
- Astrariums in the Hinterlands (Hinterlands; 3)
- Astrariums in the Graves (Emerald Graves; 3)
Additional DLC Astrarium
- Kios (Glenmorgan Mine)
- Silentir (Forester Homestead)
- Tenebrium (East Hills/The Flats)
- Servani (Great Cove)
- Fervenial (Apostate's Landing)
- Bellitanus (Morrin's Outlook)
- Peraquialus (Dead Ram Grove)
- Judex (The Outskirts)
- Draconis (Hafter's Woods)
- Eluvia (Nettle Pass)
- Equinor (Harrow)
- Solium (Direstone)
- Visus (Western Riverbank)
- Belenas (Basin Floor)
- Fulmenos (Cliffside Path)
Solving each Astrarium yields:
- 150 Influence
- New Codex Entry
- Much of solving the Astrariums is about breaking down the shapes into cycles that return you to the point you started from, and the simplest cycle is a triangle.
- If all the stars in the diagram have an even number of lines reaching them then you can start and end anywhere. If any star has an odd (typically 1 or 3) number of lines reaching it, then there must be exactly two such stars and you need to start at one and end at the other.
- Astrariums are not featured in the Forbidden Oasis, the Fallow Mire, the Hissing Wastes, the Exalted Plains, or Emprise du Lion.
- Codex entry: Astrariums
- Codex entry: Constellation: Belenas
- Codex entry: Constellation: Bellitanus
- Codex entry: Constellation: Draconis
- Codex entry: Constellation: Eluvia
- Codex entry: Constellation: Equinor
- Codex entry: Constellation: Fenrir
- Codex entry: Constellation: Fervenial
- Codex entry: Constellation: Fulmenos
- Codex entry: Constellation: Judex
- Codex entry: Constellation: Kios
- Codex entry: Constellation: Peraquialus
- Codex entry: Constellation: Satinalis
- Codex entry: Constellation: Servani
- Codex entry: Constellation: Silentir
- Codex entry: Constellation: Solium
- Codex entry: Constellation: Tenebrium
- Codex entry: Constellation: Toth
- Codex entry: Constellation: Visus