Background[edit | edit source]
Ariane is a gifted Dalish warrior, and her clan's best hunter. When an ancient artifact belonging to the clan's Keeper, Solan, is stolen, one with a history tied to the very roots of the elven people, Ariane is charged with the task of reclaiming it. She is determined to carry out her solemn duty, and when her task turns out to intersect with the Warden-Commander's quest to find Morrigan she realizes that there may be far more to the artifact's disappearance than simple theft.
Involvement[edit | edit source]
Ariane is first encountered at Flemeth's empty hut in the Korcari Wilds. She reveals she was sent there by her Keeper to locate Asha'bellanar. Ariane was hoping to secure her aid in locating her daughter, Morrigan, who had stolen an ancient text related to the Eluvians which Ariane's clan had guarded since the days of Arlathan. Ariane suggests visiting the Circle of Magi for further information since the text was reclaimed from the Circle by an Elf who later joined the Dalish. While researching the Eluvian, the duo are joined by Finn, a Circle Mage.
Ariane also offers her blood for the spell to locate the Lights of Arlathan since only pure Dalish blood would work. If the Warden-Commander is also Dalish, their blood won't work because it bear The Taint. If a save from Dragon Age: Origins was imported, Ariane will also inquire about the ring Morrigan gifted to The Warden and the precise nature of their relationship.
Although she initially threatens Dog on her first encounter with the Warden, Ariane becomes quite friendly with the mabari and claims she is able to understand Dog's barking.After arriving at The Nest, Ariane asks the Warden-Commander to ask Morrigan about the book before waiting behind with Finn. If Morrigan is allowed to leave but is not followed she will confirm that the Dalish book has been left at her nearby campfire. Ariane retrieves the text before leaving.
After accomplishing their mission, Ariane continued to travel with Finn. Eventually some mercenaries hired by Finn's father tracked them down but were driven off.Finn later returned to his parents' house to explain himself and say goodbye, bringing Ariane along for the visit. She managed to sample every item in the house pantry.
Initial statistics[edit | edit source]
Skills[edit | edit source]
- Although she doesn't meet the requirements (Cunning has to be 16, but is 10) her initial Combat Tactics are on master level.
Talents[edit | edit source]
- She has only one Specialization.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- All Ariane's initial gear is restricted to her.
- There are no rune slots in any of her weapons or armor. xbox360 It is extremely difficult to get them to appear, but it can be done.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Witch Hunt/Dialogue#Party_Banter
- "As a girl, I broke the fingers of those that poked me needlessly. Just saying."
- "Yes, I'm sure we can chat later." (even when you can't)
- "I have a good feeling about this."
- "Come on--no time to waste."
- (When fighting the ancient Elven guardians) "I wish we could talk to these guardians instead of having to slay them."
- (When Dog activates Mabari dominance) "Perhaps your dog would like some privacy?"
Combat comments[edit | edit source]
During a fight:
- Do not let up!
- Victory is mine!
- I will defeat you!
- Out of the way!
- Stand your ground!
- Face me!
- Do your worst!
- Direct me!
After a fight:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ariane has a great fondness for 'shemlen' pickles.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 2, p. 92