The secret to Caridin's art disappeared with his death, and soon after the area was abandoned to the darkspawn and its location in the Deep Roads faded from memory. The area is filled with traps created by Caridin to destroy any who would seek to take the Anvil for themselves.
Branka, a dwarven Paragon, has rediscovered the smithy and seeks a way to its heart.
- Genlock (Darkspawn,Normal)
- Hurlock (Darkspawn,Normal)
- Genlock Alpha (Darkspawn,Lieutenant)
- Genlock Emissary (Darkspawn,Lieutenant)
- Ogre (Darkspawn,Lieutenant)
- Stone Golems (Golem,Normal and Lieutenant) A bunch of them in a room filled with gas, the gas will inflict damage over time and you need to turn all four Gas Valves to stop it.
- Spirit Apparatus (Golem,Lieutenant) - It will summon the spirits below, none of the spirits will give XP and you will have to use the glowing anvils to hit the apparatus. Hit each side enough and it will stop summoning spirits and bleed, and shoot from it's eyes, hit it more and the bleeding stops. Make it stop on all four sides and you win.
- Forgotten Spirit (Dwarf,Lieutenant)
- Enraged Spirit (Dwarf,Lieutenant)
- Caridin (Golem,Boss) If you side with Branka.
- Shale (Golem,Normal) If you side with Branka.
- Branka (Dwarf,Boss) If you side with Caridin. When defeated you can loot Vanguard, Dwarven Massive Armor, Branka's Shield, Expert Dweomer Rune.
- Lyrium Vein
- Gas Valves (You need to close all four to stop the damage in the Golem room.)
- The Golem Registry If you examine this item you get the option to record the writings on it. It will start the quest The Golem Registry.
- The Anvil of the Void
Involved InA Paragon of Her Kind A Golem's Memories (DLC 'The Stone Prisoner' required)
- Deep Roads However the way will be blocked while you are on A Paragon of Her Kind.
- After the final battle the path will be unblocked and you can walk through the Deep Roads to an exit or speak to Oghren to leave the Deep Roads immediately.
- Oghren will always be in your party while doing the quest line. And it is handy to have Shale with you if you want her Companion Quest.
- If The Warden sides with Branka Shale will leave the party or if part of the active party, Shale will join Caridin and fight against The Warden.
- If The Warden sides with Caridin and Shale is there too, it can lead to the quest A Golem's Memories after talking to Caridin at the end of the combat.
- If entering whilst in stealth mode and then talking to Branka, Oghren will enter with the other four members of your party if he wasn't already present. However he isn't a real member of your party and won't follow.
- After you talked and decide to walk out, the area gets blocked and you cannot go back in or out, remaining stuck between the wall Branka creates and the exit that doesn't work any more.
- Talking to Oghren afterwards can not only get you out of the area but also gives Codex Entry: Oghren.