Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Examining the Warrior's Grave in Ortan Thaig triggers the quest, which asks you to help put a soul to rest by returning the pieces of its sword to its grave. The grave itself is found in the southeast most location of the thaig: down a side tunnel to the right of the large fight between darkspawn and various spiders.
The three pieces are located in different areas:
(Caridin's Cross) — drops from a genlock emissary in a southern cave corridor.
(Ortan Thaig) — found in a vase inside Ruck's camp.
(The Dead Trenches) — found in the south-central area after defeating the Ancient darkspawn (near to where the Genlock forge master can be found; only available after both acquiring the quest from the grave and the other two pieces of the sword).
After finding the three pieces, return to the grave in the Ortan Thaig to receive the reward.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 100 XP
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Codex entry: Topsider's Honor is updated each time a part of the sword is discovered or the Warrior's Grave is examined.
- You can find the hilt and pommel before the quest is fully active. However, the Ancient darkspawn will not appear until you have both other pieces and visit the grave.
Exploits[edit | edit source]
- It's possible to get more than one copy of the sword if you have multiple party members touch the grave at the same time. First have your party hold position then move everyone around the grave, close enough that they can touch it without walking. This also works with summoned pets or skeletons, making it possible to get the sword a total of 11 times. In addition to the extra copy, you also receive an extra 100XP for each party member who interacts with the grave.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- All three of the sword's pieces will remain in your inventory after the sword has been reconstructed. However, since they are plot items, they do not take up any inventory space. (pcThey can be removed via Qwinn's Fixpack.)
- The genlock emissary in Caridin's Cross may glitch and not drop the hilt making it impossible to loot. Save before the fight.