Examining the Warrior's Grave in Ortan Thaig triggers the quest, which asks you to help put a soul to rest by returning the pieces of its sword to its grave. The grave itself is found in the southeast most location of the thaig: down a side tunnel to the right of the large fight between darkspawn and various spiders.
The three pieces are located in different areas:Topsider's Hilt
The hilt of a fine elven sword. A partial inscription glows faintly in the presence of lyrium, but remains unreadable.
(Caridin's Cross) — drops from a genlock emissary in a southern cave corridor.
A weighted pommel of obviously fine elven make. A partial inscription glows faintly in the presence of lyrium, but remains unreadable.
(Ortan Thaig) — found in a vase inside Ruck's camp.
A weighty pommel of obviously fine elven make. A partial inscription glows faintly in the presence of lyrium, but remains unreadable.
(The Dead Trenches) — found in the south-central area after defeating the Ancient darkspawn (near to where the Genlock forge master can be found; only available after both acquiring the quest from the grave and the other two pieces of the sword).
After finding the three pieces, return to the grave in the Ortan Thaig to receive the reward.
Rewards EditTopsider's Honor
Dragonbone (Tier 7)
Requires: 31 strength
Critical chance: 3.20%
Armor penetration: 4.00
Strength modifier: 1.00
+20% spirit resistance
+6 damage vs. undead
- 100 XP
- The Codex entry: Topsider's Honor is updated each time a part of the sword is discovered or the Warrior's Grave is examined.
- You can find the hilt and pommel before the quest is fully active. However, the Ancient darkspawn will not appear until you have both other pieces and visit the grave.
- It's possible to get more than one copy of the sword if you have multiple party members touch the grave at the same time. First have your party hold position then move everyone around the grave, close enough that they can touch it without walking. This also works with summoned pets or skeletons, making it possible to get the sword a total of 11 times. In addition to the extra copy, you also receive an extra 100XP for each party member who interacts with the grave.
- All three of the sword's pieces will remain in your inventory after the sword has been reconstructed. However, since they are plot items, they do not take up any inventory space. (pcThey can be removed via Qwinn's Fixpack.)
- The genlock emissary in Caridin's Cross may glitch and not drop the hilt making it impossible to loot. Save before the fight.