Operation text Edit
It has come to violence. Lord desRosier has directly challenged the holdings of our ally Lady Thibault. He claims their ties to the Inquisition are to blame for his loss of honor, which is technically true. His militia is poised to threaten several trade outposts, though his will to attack may not be absolute. Lady Richelieu offers a barrage of names to clarify:
Despite being ostracized, Lord desRosier retains many allies. While you can certainly hold him at bay, perhaps we should revisit another course? Uniting his house and that of your allied Thibault might both appease and profit all involved. The daughter, Celeste Thibault, is still betrothed to a Leandre, but this is a war of sorts. In such times, is not personal sacrifice preferable to bloodshed?
It is, in fact, the only wise outcome, and I have already begun preparations. Are we understood?
In expectation, Lady Eustace Richelieu
Advisor suggestions Edit
I expect that while it will not release all involved, asking for a marriage to end this would be quickly agreed to by all parties. It is a language they all understand, Inquisitor. They have no teeth for fighting.
Should we commit lives to this mess? If we withdraw, our original goal is achieved. They are fractured. None of this group is a threat.
We have the manpower to thwart Lord desRosier. We chose a course, and we can see it through.
Our observers of the conflict between the Orlesian noble houses report that the Leandre family has responded to our appeal. While not the most desirable outcome, an arranged marriage to solidify peace is far from the worst possibility. Celeste Thibault will speak to no one. We have received two letters on the matter. The first in strictest confidence.
From Lady Velise Thibault:
My daughter will comply with this pairing. We are all servants of our chosen world, but it serves us as well. I lack the standing to challenge this, so I ask that it be remembered that it is her name stabilizing this conflict. It conveys power that should not be misdirected to matchmakers.
From Lady Richelieu:
Of course this was the outcome; it is the only sensible one. Arrangements will be made for a proper ceremony. In the capital, of course. Lord desRosier will be a valiant groom for as long as his heart holds out, and young Celeste will be a most amiable figurehead of alliance.
Our observers report that without further invervention, several of the Orlesian noble houses did indeed fall to combat. No one agrees who initiated, as is often the way. The Leandres lost several small keeps, including that of the son, Jecin, who is presumed dead.
Lady Richelieu has attempted to follow through on a pairing between the desRosiers and the Thibaults without our influence, with success yet to be determined. Celeste Thibault was due to leave for the capital when news broke of the Leandres' defeat. She left on a single mount and is reportedly overdue. Preparations continue in the capital as procedure dictates. That is all they know how to do.
Lord desRosier blockaded a number of trade routes, but his intent was only to posture. We faced token resistance to retake them. Expensive, but fortunately not in lives. Lady Richelieu is not impressed, as it was not the optimal outcome for her status calculations.
Lady Richelieu's letter follows:
An adequate outcome, Inquisitor. A powerful name has been marginalized instead of put to use. The minor alliances formed in the wake are a modest achievement, but it will have to do. I have arranged the pairing of the lesser names left standing, that of Celeste Thibault and Jecin Leandre. They are thrilled because they are young, but as matchmaking goes, it is hardly inspiring.
Lady Eustace Richelieu
A letter also arrived from the Thibaults:
My unending gratitude, Lord/Lady Inquisitor. I feared for the actions of my daughter if this matter had turned out differently. She is not yet fully understanding of the necessities of status. We are in your debt.
Lady Velise Thibault
All advisors EditOrnamented Brooch
Specific Outcomes Edit
- If completed with Josephine: Celeste is married to DesRosier, as the matchmaker intended.
- If completed with Leliana: Jecin is killed. Celeste and desRosier are not married. Attempts by the matchmaker to ally the two houses continue with unknown success.
- If completed with Cullen: Celeste is married to Jecin, against the matchmaker's wishes.
- As the Dragon Age Keep tapestry assumes that both are dead, it is likely that Celeste kills herself if Jecin was slain.
- The matchmaker Lady Richelieu can be found on the second level of the Summer Bazaar in Val Royeaux. If Celeste and Jecin are killed, Lady Richelieu and Lord Pierren desRosier are left at the altar, oblivious to the bride's fate. Otherwise, the matchmaker, bride, and groom, whether it is Jecin or desRosier, will be in attendance.
- The Inquisitor may participate in the wedding and bless the marriage.
- If the operation was completed with Cullen:
- Happiness is tempered by duty.
- Spend your new wealth on joy.
- I have no time for this nonsense.
- If the operation was completed with Josephine:
- We must find purpose in duty.
- Marry for duty, love in secret.
- I have no time for nonsense.
- If the operation was completed with Cullen: