A woman prepares bodies for sky burial at Stone-Bear Hold. Caldan Enversen's body should receive special rites; however, his son failed to complete them. As guests of the hold, the Inquisition may present the required offering as a gift.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Obtained after speaking with Gyda Myrdotten at Stone-Bear Hold. Gyda directs the Inquisitor to speak with the Master of the Hunt, who explains that offerings must be collected from three Fade-touched beasts throughout the Frostback Basin. The Inquisitor can also speak to Finn, Caldan's son, to discover why he has failed to complete this sacred duty himself.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Talk with the Huntsman. He'll instruct you to kill three fade-touched beasts located as follows:
- The Fade-Touched Lurker is northwest of the Basin Floor Camp. It is protected by a pack of other Lurkers which must be dealt with first.
- The Fade-Touched Gurgut is northwest of the Swampside Camp, near the Blood-Stained shrine and not far from where Colette is first met for Worthy of Publication. Follow the stream in front of the shrine upward and to the left.
- The Fade-Touched Giant spider can be found downriver from the Canyon Camp, just past the shard door that looks similar to the one found at the Solasan Temple. It is aided by numerous Giant Spiders and Poisonous spiders. The Fade-Touched Spider will retreat farther into the cave, gaining additional reinforcements along the way.
After killing all three Fade-Touched creatures, the Inquisitor must decide whether to offer the creatures' pelts to Finn or to the Master of the Hunt.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Providing the offering to Finn yields:
- Sera Slightly Approves
- Varric Slightly Approves
- Cole Slightly Approves
- 2 Power
- No point approval for Guests of the Hold upon completion.
- Providing the offering to the Huntsman yields:
- Cassandra Slightly Approves
- Vivienne Slightly Approves
- 2 Power
- 1 point approval for Guests of the Hold.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Veilfire torch found near the Fade-Touched Lurker nest can be used to find Veil Quartz on the western ledge above the camp. The Veil Quartz deposit is a bit tricky to reach, for a detailed map see the Veil Quartz page.